Sovereign is a compressor that isn't based on anything. It provides the user a toolset to limit or compress sounds based on level and other variables. I tried to make the compressor as versitile as possible, and hope you all enjoy it. It works for both mixing and mastering, in limiting the signal on snare drums, to compressing a whole master buss smoothly over time. For mastering a long attack and short release is usually the best starting point, for mixing go with your ears.
- THRESH controls the level at which the compression starts working.
- RATIO controls how much the audio is compressed.
- SC controls control the sidechain, divided in to FREQ and GAIN +/- There is also a button for listening the sidechained signal
- ATTACK and RELEASE control the reaction times in milliseconds
- SATURATE brings out some sparkle in the compressor by appllying a curve to the gain reduction
- MODUS introduces some more reactive components to the detection of the input signal, so it isn't purely based on volume.
- WET blends the signal to the original.
- GAIN OUT allows you to control the level of the modified signal.
- CURVE button in the centre panel introfudes a softer knee, which affects pretty much everything.
- CURVE 2 between the time controls applies a curve to both Attack and Release constants to allow for snappier and logarithmic modes.
The plugin for both Mac and Windows. No AAX (ProTools) available.